Your initial consultation is an important part of the personal injury process. It gives you a chance to meet Jeff Mehalic, learn more about our practice, ask any questions you may have, and determine whether he is the right attorney to handle your case. During your free consultation, Jeff will review your case, discuss your legal rights and options in detail, and work with you to determine the best legal strategy to deliver your desired outcome.
In order to get the most out of this meeting, we recommend that you arrive at your consultation with a list of questions to ask Jeff about his background, practice philosophy, experience handling similar cases to yours, and verdicts and settlements he’s recovered for clients with similar cases. This will help you get a better understanding about whether Jeff is the right fit for you.
Important Case-Related Information to Bring to Your Personal Injury Consultation
In addition, it will be helpful for you to bring as much information about your case so that Jeff can get a complete understanding of the circumstances surrounding your injury. This will allow him to determine whether you have a valid claim and recommend the best possible legal strategy.
We recommend that you bring as much of the following information as you have to your consultation:
- A coy of your accident report
- Copies of all written statements provided by individuals involved in the accident
- Copies of any eyewitness reports of the accident
- Your primary insurance policy, including your declarations page or coverage certificate
- Any other supplemental insurance policies you may have, such as disability insurance or veteran’s insurance
- All correspondence with insurance, doctors, police or the negligent party regarding your accident or injuries
- Contact information of any medical professionals who have treated your injury, along with any medical records they can provide
- Any medical bills associated with your injury
- Receipts for any property damage that you had to get fixed due to the accident
- Receipts for any items you needed to purchase to help you deal with your injury
The more information you can provide at your consultation, the more accurately Jeff will be able to determine the best plan to help you recover the compensation you deserve. If you’re unable to access all of the information listed above, we can still have a productive meeting regarding your case. If you choose to work with Jeff after this free initial consultation, he will conduct a thorough investigation in order to acquire any additional information necessary to prove your case.
Contact our Morgantown Personal Injury Lawyer
Please contact Mehalic Law using the form on this page or call 304-346-3462 today to schedule a complimentary consultation. We serve clients in Morgantown, Wheeling and the surrounding areas of West Virginia.